William McLoughlin BL is a practising barrister, founder of Argent Business Consultants (Data Protection & Employment), member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI, London) and Global Securities Operations Irish Winner 2016 (CISI). William practices in Data Protection, Employment, Personal Injury, Judicial Review and ICOs and Ormond Meeting Rooms are delighted to welcome him to talk on the very topical subjects as follows:
Date: Friday, 11th May, 2018
08.00am Registration/tea & coffee
08.30am Data Protection for Legal Practitioners
09.30am Group discussion/tea & coffee
10.00am Legal Aspects of ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings)
11.00am Group discussion
Venue: Ormond Meeting Rooms
Cost: €95 per person (including 2 certified CPD points).
Places are limited so early booking is advised
Contact: Orla or Ger on 01 8717550 or email@example.com
- Data Protection for legal practitioners (data protection in practice)
- High-level overview of GDPR, ePrivacy Regulation and current legislation
- High-level overview of fines, etc.
- Data protection litigation and current jurisprudence
- How to identify a data breach as a cause of action (with possible class action lawsuits)
- Breakdown of documents/policies required by clients
- Breakdown of policies required by solicitors (inc. practice directives)
- How to handle a data breach (risk & crisis management)
- Lawyer’s professional insurance concerns
- Legal Aspects of ICOs (initial coin offerings)
- High-level overview of crypto-currencies, Bitcoins and new legal markets/products.
- High-level Regulatory framework, jurisdictional issues and the Irish position
- Competing Regulations: Financial, Consumer, Anti-Money Laundering, etc.
- Using regulations as a USP (building consumer and market confidence)
- Two competing case studies including an Irish ICO (dealing with competing regulations/jurisdictional issues)
- Emerging legal markets and services for practitioners
- What practitioners can do if they get an ICO enquiry
Testimonial “William conducted two GDPR clinics for charities on behalf of Carmichael Centre. Feedback from the groups was excellent. They considered the time very well spent and came away knowing exactly what they needed to do to comply with the GDPR Regulation. William really got to understand what the needs were and tailored the sessions to maximise their impact”.